Monday, November 10, 2008

They're Here...




Emma Grace McKinney and Joshua Ryan McKinney were born at 5:34 and 5:39 am on Sunday, November 9, 2008. The babies of proud parents of Ryan and Amy McKinney.

Amy went into labor early yesterday morning and the doctors were unable to stop it. The babies were born at only 24 weeks but so far are doing very well. Emma weighed 1.4 lbs. and Josh weighed 1.35 lbs. Nothing could have prepared me for how tiny these precious babies are, but all their little features are beautiful and perfect.

I am so proud of Amy and Ryan. They have done so well and are doing all they can at this point (which isn't much) for their babies. I think becoming a parent softens all of us somewhat and I have seen such a loving side of both of them that I have never seen before. They are excited to have their babies here, but are understandably nervous as these sweet babies are not out of the clear yet. It is hard for them that they cannot even hold their babies and it will probably be weeks before they can.

Emma and Josh are expected to be in the NICU for around 12 weeks or so. Please remember this new little family in your prayers. I think this puts the fragilty of life in perspective for all of us.

I love you, Amy and Ryan. You are in my thoughts and prayers, always.

1 comment:

Marti Family said...

Oh!!!! Tell her congrats! It is so amazing at what technology can help us accomplish now!! Anything is possible! We will be thinking and praying for them!