Monday, November 24, 2008

My Dearest Friend Amy

My heart is breaking for my dear friends, Amy and Ryan. As a mother I cannot imagine what they are going through. Amy and I have been through sooooo much together and I find myself feeling very helpless. There is nothing I can do or say to make her hurt or anger go away. All I can do is be here for her and let her know of my love and support.

I am so grateful she is my friend, and for the opportunity to know her sweet babies, Emma and Josh. I hate that it was for so short a time, but those were special spirits... everyone whose life they touched was left a different person.

My heart is so full... I have had two conversations with my friend that I never could have imagined we would've had. She is the strongest person I know, through all her loss she has always managed to keep her chin up and be a strength to those around her. I only hope that I can somehow be a strength to her through this difficult time.

Amy, I love you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate in Josh's beautiful service... it was an experience I will never forget. Please know I am here for you. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers!


3 comments:

Leda Johnson said...

I feel so sad that they lost Emma too! I can't imagine how hard that would be. I just wanted to thank you again for coming last night. It was so fun to have people over!

Brooke said...

So Sorry for Amy. Send her our love. I can not image what a strong person she must be. God bless her and her husband.

Sawyers Family said...

I am over here crying. I can't imagine what she is going though and to have such an optimistic look on life and the fact that her children are perfect and that she will be with them again some day is wonderful. You're a good friend to her and she's lucky to have you in her life!