Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pinch me... I Must be Dreaming

Ever since Jackson was born, he has been a FANTASTIC sleeper. Its not something I ever bragged about a whole lot because I knew how lucky I was. I will take a little bit of credit for it.., I did work very hard to get him on and keep him on a sleeping schedule. I knew it would make for a happier baby which would in turn make a happier mommy!



From the very beginning he was so good. Never woke up more than once a night



He would sleep anywhere and sleep through anything.





He always went to sleep happy




And woke up happy.
When he first came home from the hospital, he never woke up more than once a night, slept atleast 12 hours a night by the time he was 7 weeks old, and always took really good naps.


Everyone always told me how lucky I was and I always agreed.


Even once I was pregnant with Caroline and he was sleeping in his "big-boy bed" he never came out of his room. I would wake up around 8:00 and then go into his room to get him out of bed.

Then Caroline came home from hospital... and although I had a baby who slept really well again, my toddler began to think that it would be fun to wake up at 5:00 every morning and not take a nap. Why was it that my brand new baby was sleeping better and longer than my two year old?
I know that doesn't sound that bad, I mean I used to work full time... get up at 6:00 every morning, go to bed late and be just fine. But let me tell you... watching kids is hard and it really takes it out of you. So much more than working full time did.
For weeks I have gotten up at 5:00 or earlier, foufht with him for two hours to take a nap, and then spend the evenings walking him in and out of his room trying to talk him into going to bed.
And then yesterday, it happened... I woke up at ...get ready for it... drumroll please... 7:00 am all by myself... no one tugging on my covers at 5:15! Excitement, elation, wonderment, etc.
Then, this morning it happened again! Two days in a row! I'm pinching myself! And hopefully not jinxing myself. We'll see what happens!

2 comments:

Amber + Joe said...

Micah is a good sleeper as well. I hope that doesn't happen when we have another one :)

Marti Family said...

Oh I pray I am that lucky!!! I love the pictures of Jackson as a baby too!!! He is just too adoreable! Just looking at those pictures makes me even more anxious to meet our little one! Thanks for putting the updates for Amy on here too...I have been so worried for her it is good to hear good news.