Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We Wish you a Merry Christmas!

I'm not quite sure where to start, we have been having so much fun, but I guess it should all start with Christmas Eve!


We started the day at Cameron's work for a family luncheon. They invited everyone's family up and had a nice catered lunch for everyone. We had fun and Jackson got to play with some other kids of Cameron's co-workers. Instead of going gifts for the kids (which was the original plan) they gave each child a card with $20 in it. You know what that means... $40 for me... score 1 for mom! :) All my money goes for them anyway, so it all works out, right?!


That evening was spent with the Howards and we had a WONDERFUL time. It is always so good to see everyone. For whatever reason, we just don't see enough of them. Because I'm so smart, I forgot my camera, but please visit Brooke's blog for pictures. One day I'll figure out how to link you directly there, but for now you'll have to look on your own. :) We had a delicious dinner, sang some fun songs and ended the evening opening presents. The kids always have so much fun with each other, and its always nice for us to visit with everyone. You all know that I used to work with my brother-in-law, Cade, before I had Jackson. We were such good friends, and now the only time I see him is at family gatherings. So, Cade, if you ever read my blog, just know that I love you death and miss you! It was so good to spend the evening with you! The rest of you know I love you too, and had so much fun on Christmas Eve!


On Christmas Day, we started the morning early (of course).


We started by getting the kids in their matching Christmas jammies that I had gotten them...

Of course Jackson would not cooperate for the picture, but my smiley girl is always ready.

Jackon then opened his few presents from Santa Claus, and started playing right away. I'm sure you're all wondering what Jackson could have possibly gotten for Christmas.





After we were done with Santa, Mom, David and Leda joined us for the rest of the day. We eah brought different food food to snack on and just hung out, opened presents, and had fun with each other.

We were all very spoiled this Christmas between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We are so lucky to have such generous family all around us.

Jackson got lots more cars and his new favorite... Thomas! He also got some new books, which he loves. He didn't know what to do with himself all day. He just kept going from one thing to another and wouldn't slow down for a second!

One of the most fun parts of the day was when Leda opened one of her gifts from mom. Leda has often told us the story of the Christmas that her mom got all of her brothers and sisters (except her) a folding table to use for family gatherings. As kind of a joke gift, mom decided to get her one, and it was great!

This is when mom brought the wrapped table out and Leda knew what it was


and here she is is with her table (finally)


the aftermath of opening presents

Now, just some pictures of our fun day!



Jackson was so exhausted when everyone left around 5:00 that evening, that he climbed up in our bed and immediately fell fast asleep...

We had such a wonderful Christmas, and hope that all of you, our friends and family, did as well!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I always love reading your blog!! Thanks for a great christmas eve also. And your right we need to get these kids together more often. We love you guys!! BTW love YOUR matching background;)