Friday, January 30, 2009

I have a confession to make!

So, I have been on a serious diet for the last 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and have lost 12 pounds. I am very proud of myself... oh how to hate to diet, but oh how I hate being 20 pounds heavier than I was this time last year even more.

I have been doing so well, but I saw it all flash before my eyes, as I opened the cupboard today, and realized my name was being called and I was feeling weak...


Thats right, by the chocolatey, hazelnutty goodness that is Nutella...

So I did it, I stood at my kitchen sink with an open jar of Nutella and graham cracker sticks... and for a moment, I was in heaven.

I even let Jackson taste it, and he couldn't shovel them in fast enough. After our few goodies I put it away feeling defeated... I gave in... but for those few moments, it was all worth it!

5 comments:

Amber + Joe said...

Nutella is always worth it :) And you should be proud of yourself for losing 12 pounds! I'm still a good 10 pounds heavier that I was 18 months after having a baby. And I was trying to lose weight before I got pregnant!!

Marti Family said...

Nutella is SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! I just love that stuff!! You shouldn't feel bad about it at all...it is actually not so terrible in the calories area. Plus I don't know about you but when I try to "diet" and cut out the bad stuff it just back fires so I always have a little treat and keeps me from going crazy when I start craving things! Way to go on the 12 lbs though that is great!

stephanie howard said...

12 pounds in two-three weeks? Holy cow! I can't lose 12 pounds in a year, no kidding! You go ahead and eat that Nutella:-)

pagefamily said...

Courtney you are so funny! Congrats on the weight loss, please come be my personal weight loss guide!!! Although you looked great even before you lost it. I am always amazed when I see you!

Shannon said...

I'm impressed with your weight loss! Never had nutella, but if you love it, go ahead and indulge every now and then.

I lost 30 pounds in 10 days (weighed myself last night). I'm amazing. :) Let's see how long it takes to get off the last 15 to get back to my pre-preggo weight... then the oodles that need to come off in addition to that...