Monday, January 26, 2009

Is it over yet?

Today was a long day... I hate to complain on my blog, but I am glad that the day is almost over. Sometimes being a mom is just hard.

The last couple days Jackson, for some reason, has been in a really bad mood. Today that was compounded by the fact that he has decided he is not going to talk, but point and grunt and whine instead. Teething has not been as kind to Caroline as it was to Jackson, and she spent the majority of the day crying.

I was so glad when Cameron walked through the door tonight!

Can I tell you what made it all better... the [four pieces of] homemade bread and jam I had for dinner... yummy!!!


this was my first attempt at homemade bread... it wasn't gorgeous, but it was delicious!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I think the bread turned out so pretty. I bet it tastes wonderful!! Sorry your day was awful. It will get better and there will be more days just like today!!

Amber + Joe said...

Sounds about like my day with Micah...and we're still trying to get him to bed over an hour after his bedtime, which is not normal. Just one of those days I guess!

Marti Family said...

These are the kind of days I am not looking forward to. It will be nice to know someone who has been there done that. I think your bread looks pretty good. I can't make bread to save my life and I really want to know how to make a beautiful loaf of homemade bread!!! My loaves always look lop sided and not very edible! You have me by a long shot! Hope your morning is a better one.

Anonymous said...

there is something about bread, espcially home made, that just makes everything better!

stephanie howard said...

Oh ths joys of motherhood! I wish I could tell you this to shall pass, but I am afraid you will have many more days like this as long as you are a mother:-)

The Newey Fam said...

You are such the betty-crocker homemaker gal! I'm so impressed! Just remember on those frustrating days....they grow waaaaaay tooooooo fast!!!!!!