Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Turning over a new leaf...

I realize that it has been about three months since the last time I blogged. Nobody proabaly even rads this anymore, but I have mdecided that blogging is really a good thing for me to do and I want to get back to it. I think it is a good release for me and a better way to document our lives than just uploading pictures to Facebook. I have really spent alot of time in the last week organizing and cleaning the house, developing some house rules, helping the kids by making chore charts and helping them with the things that I want them to do every day. I realize that we need to use our time at home more efficiently than we have been.
There is alot going on at our house right now - alot of big changes. First, I am starting school next week... a 3-month course to get my CNA certification. It is going to turn our lives upside-down for a few months, but I am really, really excited about it. I will go to class four nights a week for 4 hours a night. I am one who really needs my sleep, and I just hope I know what I'm getting into. I would really like to work in a hospital when I'm done. I really want to be the best mom I can , and sometimes I feel like I'm not as good at it as I want to be. I really hope that doing something for me will help me in the most important job I have... a mom. My cake business and also really started. I have had many orders in the last couple weeks and more coming in all the time. I am really having a great time, and am happy to be making a little money while I'm at it.
Jackson started "Friendship School" today. Three other moms and I will rotate weeks having pre-shool at our house for four 4-year-old-boys. What's really funny is that the elementary school he will go to is Friendship Elementary. We are all in the situation where we can't exactly afford pre-school, and I feel very lucky to be a part of this. It is two mornings a week for three hours. Jackson had such a great time today... he has been talking about his new friends, Silas, Calvin and Rio all day. He brought a back-pack and a folder and came home with papers in his folder today... how fun. It means Driving to and from Greensboro twice a week, which means putting alot more gas in my car than I'm used to, but we're going to make it work. I know how important this is for Jackson and for me. He is my big boy and is so grown up.
Caroline just had her second birthday. She is my big lady. She is a teeny, smart, sassy, sweet, naughty girl. She is full of energy and loves her "Jack Jack." Anyone who is around her loves her, but also can't believe how naughty she is. We love her so much and can't believe how big she is.
I have pictures of Jackon's first day of school, Caroline's birthday and my cakes that I will post tomorrow. Just wanted to let everyone know We're alive around here and to stay posted.

3 comments:

Amber + Joe said...

I still check your blog :) Congrats on school...I think doing something for yourself does make you a better mom. I work part time 2 days a week for 5 hours each day & enjoy it very much. Your preschool plan sounds awesome! Good luck with everything!

Marti Family said...

Girl you are not the only one who feels this way. Maybe I should start a vent blog. :) With it just being us up here and not knowing many people it has been tough. I am going to be starting school soon myself. I want to show my son that college is important and I want to show him that I have a degree to prove it. I am going to Medical Admin. I just hope I get approved for the pell grant! Keep on chugging girl....we are all in it together as moms and we will all make out together too. If you ever need a vent I know you have a ton, but I am always here for ya now matter what! Always have been.

Dad said...

Well I still look all the time, so am thrilled you're back to blogging. Sorry if you're doing it 'cause I'm not on Facebook...;).