Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Treats

The other day I was doing a google image search trying to find some cute and yummy ideas for fall desserts. I love fall and anything pumpkin-y, cinnamin-y, and I came accross this picture...

The caption said "delicious 2-ingredient pumkin cake" and I was all in.

The two ingredients:
box of yellow cake mix
can of pumpkin


When my Aunt Kimmy did weight watchers, she gave us the recipe for some muffins that are 1 point a piece using either a chocolate cake mix or spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, so I am no strager to this idea, but yellow cake? How come I never thought of that? Because lets be honest... what's not to love about yellow cake.


So, I made it last night. The recipe used an apple cider glaze, but since I don't regularly have apple cider in my house, I just made a cream cheese glaze.

I sneaked a slice before I headed out the door for school, and it was fabulous. I don't know if you've ever made anything like this, but the can of pumpkin makes it so moist, and you can't get easier than 2 ingredients.


And since we're on the subject of yellow cake and how it makes everything better, if you ever need a quick and easy dessert, dump a yellow cake mix over a can of pie filling, canned peaches, jar of applsauce, (you get the idea) cut up a stick of butter and put that on top, and then bake it until it's golden brown and serve with icecream.


Oh, and while searching the food network I came accross two blogs of contestants that have been on Ultimate Recipe Showdown, and they are fabulous so I tought I would share...

2 comments:

Brooke said...

mmm i'll have to try it!

Kim said...

Youre right, who would have thought a yellow cake mix? I am sooooooo glad you are blogging again. I love to read what y'all are up to. Hopefully it will shame Shannon in to updating Maya's blog. She is talking about starting another one. Glad you are enjoying school. You will do great! Love you