Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Four hours down...

One -hundred-eighty-six to go!


I had my first day (night) of class last night. I was really excited and as soon as I walked into the building I got nervous like I was 18 again and walking into a college class for the first time. But then as soon as I walked into the classroom and felt older than many of the students, my nervousness went away.


It was funny to see the difference between those studensts that were 18-19 years old and those of us tha were older. We were the dorks asking and answering questions and they were the ones looking at the clock praying for it to be 10:00 already. Four hours a night, every single night of the week (except Friday) will get a little tiring, I think, but I'm so excited to be there.


My teacher had us ago around the room last night (20 students) and tell a little about ourselves and why we were there. It was fun to hear everyone's stories and not be the self-concious 18 year old that was worried about what everyone was thinking of me.


I'm already looking forward to tonight and all that still have to learn!



And I have to thank my mom and dad who are so supportive of my going back to school, and picking up the tab. Thank you both! I love you!!!

3 comments:

Sawyers Family said...

I am so excited for you and so proud of your decision to go back to school! There is nothing more gratifying than to learn all that you can! Just think at all the ways you will be able to help people once you are done! Congrats and keep up the good work! It will all pay off in the end!

SD and EJ said...

My sister-in-law went back to nursing school after being a stay at home mom for 8 years. She loves it and she's still able to be with her kids a lot. I think it's awesome that you're going to school!

Dad said...

So glad you're doing this, and hope it's going well.