Thursday, September 16, 2010

Did you know...

that this week is National Cupcake Week?

Well, you know I did.


Of course I had to participate and make cupcakes. At first I thought I would make your typical 'cupcake-looking' cupcakes...


but then I had another thought thanks to my sister-in-law, Brooke. I made 'Better than sex' cupcakes... and they were fabulous. I limited myself to one, but oh, how I wanted another...



You start with a chocolate cupcake... I did dark chocolate. While they are cooking, warm a can of sweetened condensed milk and caramel ice cream topping (mixed together) on the stove over low heat. WHen the cupcakes come out of the oven and are still hot, poke holes in them and pour your caramel mixture over them so it can soak in. Then sprinkle with heath bar so it kind of melts a little bit too. When they are cool, top with cream cheese frosting and some more heath bar bits.

Go for it, you'll thank me. It is National Cupcake Week, afterall.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Courtney.
I am trying to find Kelly--can you help me?? Is she ok??
Leave me a note on my blog if you can! Your blog is darling and so are you!!!
Love Liz

Dad said...

They sound unbelievable. I showed a couple of people at work.

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I didn't get my delivery of cup cakes from you...so I am a little disappointed! They look delicious! And your last few blog posts are great! So exciting that you started classes and Jackson starting 'pretend' school and Caroline getting into everything!! Life looks good!

Brooke said...

looks yummy. I made them 4 times!