Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jackson's "first day of school"

Jackson has been so excited to start school, especially since we started walking down to the bus stop in the morning with our neighbor, Jacob, who started Kindergarten this year.



He tells us that he goes to a pretend school because you ride the bus to real school and ride in the car to pretend school. I guess that means he'll be riding the bus next year and I won't have to drive him. Sounds like a sweet deal to me!


Jackson was so excited to put on his back-pack. He even wore it on his back in the car to and from school. We put his folder in his back-pack and he was ready to go...



Recently when I've gone to take Jackson's picture, he cocks his head to the side and throws up a "west-side" gesture like he's living the thug-life. I have no idea where this came from, but I think it's hilarious!


My big boy!!!


Dana, who has her degree in Early Childhood Education has made our schedule for the year, and school is at her house this week. Yesterday, she spent the time the boys were at her house having them get to know each other and to recognize their own and each other's names. The played name games, matched each others oictures to their names. etc. Jackson came home with a picture of himself and his name that he colored. He has never so animatedly told me about his day and all that he did. What he had for snack, for lunch. his new friends names and things they like. I am so excited to have this opportunity for him and for me!!!


Tomorrow he will go back to Dana's, and he will bring his own lunch. I took him to Aldi, where he picked out ham and cheese for a sandwich, strawberries, friutsnacks, chocolate pudding and juiceboxes. He can't wait to bring his Star Wars lunbox to school and show his friends!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

this is too cute!! I think his pose is hilarious too!

Dad said...

Sounds great! What a big boy! And yeah, his gangsta thang is ridiculously funny.