Monday, October 4, 2010

Candy necklaces

Except we made them with Fruit Loops and I think the kids loved them even more!

The other week at school, the kids were reviewing colors, so I thought we would a couple fun things at home, too. I got a box of Fruit Loops and we did some fun little activities (and eating).

The first thing we did was separate the colors in a jumbo muffin tin. Caroline even helped with this even though she ate more than she ever separated.

Then Jackson and I took turn making different patterns. I would start a pattern with the fruit Loops and then he would have to guess the pattern and finish it. Then he would make a pattern and I would finish it. Jackson loved this part... we did it over and over and over again.


Hands down, their favorite part was making neckalces with the fruit loops. I had to help Caroline, but Jackson did a great job. They wore them for the whole afternoon and they would walk aroung with them hanging out of their mouths chewing pieces off, just like a candy necklace.

1 comment:

Sawyers Family said...

What a clever idea! I just might have to steal it!