Monday, January 14, 2008

Its really that good!

About a month ago, a friend of mine gave me a recipe for white (chicken) chilli, which I've never actually been a big fan of... but... this recipe is SOOOOOOOO yummy. I have literally made it once, sometimes twice, a week since I got the recipe. We were at the grocery store the other day and I told Cameron I needed to get a rotisserie chicken so I could make chilli, and he said "you mean that chilli that you make all the time". Yes... that chilli, but seriously, it is that good!

Chicken chilli:

2 cans chicken stock or broth
2 cans white navy beans
2 cans dices green chilles ( I always add 3 cans for a little more spice)
1 onion, diced and sauted
1 1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
then I just add a rotisserie chiken that I pull of the bone

heat this until its warmed through and then add:

3/4 milk & 1/4 flour mixed together ( to make it white)

top with tortilla chips and cheese, and its like chicken tortilla soup...

really yummy with cornbread, too!

I know that was random, but I'm getting ready to make it so I thought I would share...

No comments: