Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Best Day Ever...

... for Jackson anyway...

This past Saturday, we went to the car show they have every year at the Greensboro Coliseum, and fun was had by all. We figured Jackson would have a great time, but nothing could have prepared us for the giddy, rediculous excitement that surrounded our sweet boy on this day of days. We walked in, and the look on his face cannot be described... nor did I capture it on camera very well because we didn't have his hat off of him befor we walked in.

As you can imagine, Jackson literally pointed out every single "tar" and "chruck" he saw. He touched them all, got in them all, and basically had the best day of his life up to this point. It was so fun to watch, and to feel the excitement that he did. During our time there, we were followed around for about 20 minutes by a photographer from the local newspaper who took our names and where we were from, and we just knew that our cute, curious boy was going to be in the paper... sadly he was not, but we still had a great time.

I want to apoligize ahead of time for the pictures. I guess the lights at the car show are made to make the cars look very shiny and pretty, so anything light colored (like us) got a horrible glare...

this is Jackson when he first walked in
this is the only time I could get him to look at me, and his eyes were shut... oh well

this is my Escalade I drive in my $67,ooo dreams... what a cool mom!


After the car show, and because we were on that side of town, we went to Yum-Yums for lunch. This was Jackson's first yum-yums experience since he was a tiny baby when we went with Papa, Grandma and Dad when they came for his blessing. It was also Cameron's first Yum-Yums experience...how did that happen?!... three years at UNCG and four years married to me, and he had never been to Yum-Yums... poor thing! :) Needless to say... yum, yum!

Can you smell it....? :)
Our sleepy boy after his exciting day!
It was a great day...omething we hope to continue to do throughout the years. It probably won't ever be as much fun as the look on Jackson's face his very first time there. Wish more of you could have been there with us!!!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I have been checking back to see when you would post again. Not one , but like 4 posts? How ever do you find the time? I enjoyed them all and cannot believe how big Jackson is getting. He does not look like a "baby" anymore. He is sooo handsome! I am glad you are blogging so I can keep up with you guys! See you this weekend...can't wait!
Love you! Wendi

Shannon said...

My mom told me about this post so I had to check it out. I've been bad about reading blogs! Jackson is so funny with his car obsession! So cute!