Friday, March 28, 2008

Look what I can do...

My baby Jackson turns 2 years old tomorrow!!!

Today I made his birthday cake... all from scratch... I was quite impressed with myself.

For those of you that didn't know (which I'm not sure how you wouldn't know Jackson LOVES cars. My sister-in-law, Brittany sent the cutest recipe for a race track cake, and I did it! And, to top it off, its cute! Yay for me!!!


Are you impressed, or what?!
For those of you still waiting, the coconut cake recipe is coming... I've made it twice in the last two weeks, but haven't taken a picture of it. I simply can'y give you the recipe until I can show you how pretty it also is! :)

8 comments:

Wendi said...

Wow! I . am. inpressed.
I would be even more impressed if you made Cole's cake next month. HA!
I am waiting with baited breath for the Coconut cake recipe. No pictures required. I have seen how pretty it is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON!!!

Wendi said...

"Impressed" not inpressed.

"bated breath" not baited breath... must have been thinking of a fishing story! LOL

Sorry for the grammatical errors! oops!

Howard Family said...

You don't have to apoligize to me... I need to learn to type and look at the screen at the same time... my fingers hit all kinds of crazy keys (as you can tell from my comment on your "ped-egg" post) and then I don't proofread. How uneducated do I look?!

Brittany said...

I am very impressed!! The cake looked great and taste even better. Thanks for a great day!! Happy Birthday Jackson.

Wendi said...

More homework over at my blog... I promise this is my last assignment. My blog will be a Meme graveyard!

Anonymous said...

The cake is adorable Courtney. Can't wait to see pictures from the big day! And the coconut cake sounds divine!!!

Love and hugs, Auntie Kimmy

Shannon said...

GOOD JOB!!! I can't wait to have time to do mommying things like that... once I AM a mommy, that is. :)

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

Hey Courtney, This is Jamie Lindsay. I found your blog through Brittany's and I thought I would be nosey and take a peak! I LOVE THE CAKE! It looks very fun! I made Evelyn a pig cake for her first birthday - it was a lot of fun and it turned it so cute! I got the idea from the same website. Anyways - too cute! Hows the pregnancy coming along? Do you know what you are having yet??