Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Tempest is Raging

I was getting ready for church this morning, looking in the mirror, at the new pimples on my face, once again discouraged that an unfortunate symptom of this pregnancy is that my face looks like that a 14 girl. When I was complaining of that to my mom yesterday she just reminded of the wonderful hormones that are raging through my body.

So this morning, a wonderful little song popped into my head...

Let me preface the lyrics to the song with a quick story of how they came about... when I was 13 or 14, we spent a week during summer in Maine with my mom's family in a cabin on a lake. Some of my favorite memories are of my sjummers in Maine. Needless to say, it was a very hormonal summer for me and my cousin, who is several months younger than me. One day, as we were driving somewhere, my mom, my aunt Kimmy, cousin Shannon and me came up with a wonderfully clever little song...

( to the tune of "Master the Tempest is Raging")

Mother the hormones are raging
Emotions are rising high
My face is o'er shadowed with acne
And I've got great big, fat thighs

This morning was just one of those mornings... so the next time you are having one of those days, just sing that song to yourself, and hopefully it will bring a smile to your face, just like it did mine!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You remembered! Too funny! That was such a fun summer. Hey, wait until you are a near 52 year old menopausal woman and still get zits! TMI, I know!

Love ya, Auntie Kimmy