Monday, October 11, 2010

6th Annual Walk to Remember

"We walk for the steps they will never take"

I participated again this year with Amy in the " A Walk to Remember" and Time of Remembrance put on by the Heartstrings organization. Again, it was a wonderful experience. I am always moved to tears at Amy's strength... she is a wonder to me. I am so grateful for her presence in my life. I am proud to call her my friend, and even more proud to share the title of 'Mother' with her.

Amy, April, Sharon and Kasey, Charlotte and me

me and my best girl!


This year they made butterflies for each baby and during the reading of the baby names, the parents clipped these butterlfies to the tree. It was really beautiful.


My friend, Brad, snapped this picture of Amy and me during the butterfly ceremony. I love her!


Emma Grace McKinney



Joshua Ryan McKinney



It breaks my heart that I have so many friends that have been lost their babies. An old and dear friend of mine lost her son, Will earlier this year as well. This was his butterfly.



This is my friend, Royale's, memory candle for her son, Dallin





"We Remember Them" - Rabbi Sylvan Kamens


At the rising of the sun and at its going down,
We remember them.
At the blowing of the wind and the chill of the Winter,
We remember them.
At the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of Spring,
We remember them.
At the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of Autumn,
We remember them.
At the beginning of the year and when it ends,
We remember them.
As long as we live, they too will live,
For they are now apart of us as we remember them.
When lost and sick at heart,
We remember them.
When we have joy we crave to share,
We remember them.
As long as we live they too will live,
For they are now apart of us as we remember them.

No comments: