Monday, October 4, 2010

My Birthday

My 29th year is off to a great start! I had a wonderful birthday!
Cameron and the kids woke me up singing "Happy Birthday" with a card and the necklaces that the kids picked out all by themselves. Cameron told me that when he asked the kids last week what they wanted to get me for my birthday, Jackson said, "a green light-saber" and Caroline said, "a baby." Then Jackson said, "a necklace and a bracelet." They settled on two necklaces. It was really sweet.

Then Dalene watched the kids for me for a few hours so I could go to lunch with Amy and Kasey (whose birthday is just two days after mine). We went to the Olive Garden, of course and it was so nice to have a girls' lunch.

I probably can't even count the number of pictures we have exactly like this one from over the years.


Then the fun started. We went to the fair for my birthday because I LOVE the fair and because they were having unlimited rides. Mom came up and David and Leda came with us, too.

Jackson had fun helping me open presents.



Mom made me my favorite dessert for my birthday instead of cake... pudding dessert



We had so much fun at the fair! Everyone took turms with the kids when someone wanted to ride something that Caroline couldn't get on. Jackson was able to go on everything except the pirate ship and he LOVED it. I'm so glad he likes rides like I do!





This was a pool that had beah balls that were big enough to get inside and walk/bounce across the water. So cool!


Everyone was able to ride the Ferris Wheel and Jackson, Caroline and I were the only ones not freaking out about the height and not beig well secured.




I know you can't tell, but Cameron was freaking out and was about to come un-glued in this picture

view form the top

I made Caroline wear a baby leash... a little white-trashy, but after our experience in Kohls, I wasn't taking any chances. I got a few eye-rolls, but you know what, she was safe and was still able to run and walk and not have to be confined to a stroller. It was a win-win!


Me and mom at the end of the night, It was so fun!


Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so wonderful! It was so fun and I feel so loved!


Chocolate Pudding dessert:


crust:
1 c chopped pecans
1 stick softened butter
3/4 c flour with 1/4 c powdered sugar


cream cheese layer:
1 c powdered sugar
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 c cool whip


pudding layers:
prepare a package of chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding per package directions


Combine crust indredients. Put in a 9x13 and bake A 350 for 20 minutes. Cool completely and then top with cream cheese layer (just combine ingredients and spread over crust). Then layer chocolate pudding then vanilla pudding. Top with cool whip and more chopped pecans.

4 comments:

Sawyers Family said...

Happy Birthday!
Enjoy 29! Even though I can honestly say *now* that 30 is not so bad!

Heather/Mom said...

**IMPORTANT***

1 1/2 c. milk vs. 2 c. milk on the pudding and it must be instant.

Happy you had a good birthday!

SD and EJ said...

Happy birthday! I laughed when you said you had pudding dessert instead of cake because that's what I usually have on my birthday too. Our recipes are the same except mine uses oatmeal in the crust instead of pecans. So funny! Your kids are such cuties!

Amber + Joe said...

I don't know why people look at those children leashes like they are such a bad thing. I've never used one but wish I'd had one many times! Glad you had a happy birthday!!