Friday, March 13, 2009

We Have Success!!!

Sorry I have been such a slacker blogger lately, but we have had more important things going on around here, namely... potty-training! I don't recommend it! Just kidding. :)

We started Monday, and Monday was disastrous. Jackson didn't make it to the toilet a single time, so I was cleaning up pee and poop all day long. No fun! I knew I just needed to stick with it, and on Tuesday, he did GREAT. He wouldn't even tell me when he had to go pee, he would just go in and do it... no accidents all day. The same thing on Wednesday, except the two times he had to poop, wouldn't do it in the toilet. Yesterday, he had a couple accidents, he had some friends over and I think he was too distracted, but then he finally pooped in the potty!!! We did a dance and sang a song and clapped and cheered.

He finally got to put a sticker on the "poop" side of his potty chart. Then he got to eat his special treat that he picked out if he pooped in the potty.



Isn't he cute in his big boy underwear?!

I was feeling really great about the whole thing until today. He woke up with a dry diaper, and went pee in the potty first thing. All of a sudden, everything was a game. Every thirty seconds he was telling he needed to go, which meant stripping off all his clothes to have him do NOTHING on the toilet. Then when he finally did need to go, he would tell me he didn't, throw a fit, and then pee in his clothes. He did that twice, but then actually pooped the potty. Then we left for a friends birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. What a disaster that was. There was so much going on that he absolutely would not break away from playing, and he peed in his clothes 3 TIMES!!! Oh well, it was probably too early to venture out somewhere so exciting. I am optimistic that things will be better. I certainly hope so, because it made me very nervous to go to church on Sunday.

He is a big boy, though and his really has been doing SO WELL!!!

3 comments:

Marti Family said...

WAY TO GO JACKSON!!! That is great success for just a few days! When my cousin Stef's little one Hillary finally went she called all excited to tell me about it! We sang the poo poo in the potty song! I love how proud of themselves they feel! Way to go little man!

Sawyers Family said...

That's so awesome! I'm proud of you for sticking with it. Jackson's such a big boy! YEA for him and YEA for the special treat!
I hope Friday did not throw him off too much!

Jessica said...

This is great news! In just one day he was going on his own?! That in itself is WONDERFUL! He'll get there. The magical age for Ammon was 3. It was like he woke up the day he turned 3 and decided he was done with pull ups. (Night time was a different story though) That part came about his 4th birthday! Hang in there and pretty soon you will only have one in diapers!