Saturday, March 21, 2009

As yummy as a sweet baby's bottom

I was in my room yesterday for a few minutes while the kids were in the living room playing. Suddenly I smelled baby powder VERY strongly. Fearing the worst, I walked in to the living room...


I sucked in my breath, and Jackson informed me that "it was Winter Holiday on the Island of Sodor." I couldn't help but laugh. What else could I do? He was so proud of himself, but I'm beginning to think that this obsession with Thomas the Tank Engine is going a little too far.

I knew it was a mess, but didn't think it would be that hard to clean up... just pull out the vacuum, then wipe up the remnants. Thats what I thought, until I start vacuuming and realize that its not just baby powder.... its baby powder on top of Desitin. Let me tell you how easy that came up. Not! Apparently, when baby powder is thrown on top of Desitin, the Desitin becomes hard and nearly inpossible to be scrubbed off whatever it is adhered to.

On the bright side, whenever I turn my vacuum on, it smells as yummy as a little baby's bottom!

On another bright side, the potty thing is FANTASTIC! Ther has only been one accident since last Friday at Chuck E. Cheese, and he's already waking up with dry diapers. Yay for me!!!

6 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

What a mess! I don't know what I would have done had that been on my piano! He is so cute though - how could you get mad??

Marti Family said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I have never laughed so hard in my life!!!!! He is too funny!!! He loves his Thomas doesnt' he!!!

Ryan and Rachel said...

Well he absolutely gets an A for creativity!! And you get an A for not flipping out!!

SD and EJ said...

I am amazed by your positive attitude! I think I would just cry. What a funny boy!

Jessica said...

LOL LOL LOL
His cute saying is priceless! Hey, just wanted to share this really cool blog with you. Go there, check it out..it's AMAZING!!!

http://athriftymom.com/

Kim said...

He was really creative and you were an amazing mom not to pitch a fit! Go Courtney. Can't wait to see y'all.

Love, Auntie Kimmy