Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Such is Life!

You know how you'll be going along, feeling like you're doing just fine, and then something happens, and you wonder, "why now", or "why me"? I know we all have, and I have just experienced one of those times.


We have been working very hard to be very frugal, not spending any money (mainly because there is not alot of extra to spend) and pay off our debt, and try to save a little bit at the same time. Not necessarily an easy thing for me, but we were doing all right. I feel like I've really gotten the hang of budgeting for everything, and controlling the urge to impulse buy. Its amazing how much it costs to have to kids, and how much money is spent just on necessities.


Due to all of this, I have also become ridden with stress and anxiety. I can't really explain it, but I let things affect me terribly. I spend most days just a ball of nerves; sick to my stomach with worry and stress. I know its a problem, and I am in the process of doing something about it.


Well, Saturday morning was one such morning. The weather was cold and rainy and awful. Jackson was being an absolute pill (as per usual these days. My sweet boy has dissappeared somewhere, and I desperately want him back!). Mom was here, and Jackson had hidden her keys which we needed so mom could move here car so we could leave. After tearing the house apart, Cameron finally found the keys, mom moved her car, and we were on our way. I am so keyed up and stressed, it is windy and cold and miserable, I'm not payinf the least bit of attention, and...


BAM!!!


Literally...


Yes, I hit a parked car, my mother's car, that was parked behind Cameron's car. It means that I have to back out of my deiveway differently, and I somehow had forgotten that I needed to do that. While I am glad that it was her and not some mean person, it has only compounded the money issues and the stress issues. So now, we are trying to figure out if it is cheaper to pay our insurance deductable and have our insurance go up how ever much, or maybe pay more out of pocket to just have both cars fixed and not have our insurance go up.

I guess its good that we have been working so hard to spend as little money as possible, but this just totally kills those plans, and what little we have saved that was going to pay off some debt.

Such is life!

I know that I am so blessed. I'm not complaining... just venting!

4 comments:

Marti Family said...

CALL MY MOM!!!!!! My brother does body work and he is really good! That shouldn't take much at all to fix!!! Call her so he can fix it for you!!!!

Marti Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Downer said...

it it makes you feel any better... my mom and i have done this multiple times at my parents house... :)

Brooke said...

oh man... well before you go paying a bunch of money maybe you should ask kent to fix it...