Monday, December 22, 2008

Waiting...

We had an absolutely delightful morning!

(Did you sense the sarcasm in that statement?!)

It all startes at the tire place. We left the house as soon as Caroline woke up, just so we could get there first thing. I brought a bottle to feed her and we headed out. My front tire had a slow leak, and the place I bought my tires will repair or replace them at no cost for the the life of the tires, and rotate them for free. I also have a lifetime alignment, so I figured that since we were there I would go ahead and have it all done. He said there was no one in front of me so I shouldn't have to wait for long...

An hour later, he came to me with the 500 other things they want to fix, I passed on that, and he said that my car would be right up. I got the kids all bundled up and ready to go, and waited... for 45 minutes. Apparently, the technician had taken all his time telling me what needed to be done, and hadn't actually done what I came in for. Wonderful!

Then it was off to the courthouse. We are flying to Florida next week, and I realized that I didn't have a birth certificate for Caroline. Let me firat say that it was 18 degrees while I was running all these errands this morning. We parked at the courthouse and went to go in the way I always have (just a few steps from the Rester of Deeds)... they don't let you in that way anymore. Perfect! I was just holding Caroline so I would n't have to carry her seat and Jackson was walking(doddling) along behind me and I realize that the was we have to go in now is up about 5 flights of stairs in the freezing cold and wind. Then we have to go through security, where I have to take off all our coats and hats and get us all through metal detectors, then get on an elevator to get down to the Register of Deeds. Once we got there, it was the first time today that we didn't have to wait. They were wonderful and we were on our way. We were able to leave out the door that we weren't able to come in.

Then we met Amy and her mom, Charlotte, for lunch and that was really nice. Now that its over and I've gotten everything done, its all good, but this morning I was ready to call it quits!

And just because every post can use pictures of sweet, smiley girls, here you go...





I just can't ever get enough!

No comments: