Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Beginning to Look alot like Christmas

... and smell like it too!

When we went over to David and Leda's house the other weekend, I walked in and it smells so good... I walked into the kitchen and discovered Leda's trick...

Simmering on her stovetop was a pot of sliced oranges, cinnamon sticks, cloves and a bay leaf.

So I went home and made my own...



And my whole house smells like Christmas. She told me you can keep adding water and it will last for a couple weeks. It is sooooo Yummy!!!

And speaking of looking like Christmas, we got our Christmas tree this year from the same people we've been getting our tree from since the Christmas I was pregnant with Jackson. They know us when we come on the lot... they have loved watching Jackson grow up and were happy to see our little bundle of pink this year.



Jackson had so much fun running around the lot... he wouldn't stay still long enough for any pictures.

He wasn't so sure about the chain saw trimming the bottom of the tree
Miss Caroline stayed nice and warm in her prety pink bunting

And the finished product; decked out with almost 1,000 pretty white lights...

And my favorite part of our Christmas decorations this year...
I LOVE everything about Christmas and so of course I want my children to as well. This year I found some cheap little Christmas trees so they each have a tree in their room. It might be silly, but its fun!
Jackson loved decorating his tree and won't let us turn it off at night. He sleeps with it on, and every mornignhe tells me about his "krick-kris" tree.





And of course my girl had to have a pink tree with green balls to match her pink as pink as pink bedroom.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so much fun! I love the little trees in the kids rooms. I think that is a cute idea and I think I will do it to! We got alittle Christmas tree this year so maybe we will keep it and put it in our babies room... whenever that is! giggle. Anyways I love all of your posts! I can't wait meet Caroline. And I was wondering when you got a piano? I want one!

The Newey Fam said...

Your Christmas tree looks so beautiful...and Mom and Dad had told me about your pretty nativity scene!

Love the kids trees! Mom and Dad had a little tree at their place last year that they let Ava decorate and she loved it. They gave it to me this year, as they thought she would like it in her room. Would you believe she screamed her head off when we put it in her room? (of course you would) She says it must stay out on the landing outside her room. Go figure? I think I'll get her a pink one like Carolines next year!