Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Are we there yet?

Leda beat me to the punch being the first to blog about our Atlanta trip, but thanks to her, I was able to steal some pictures from her bog to put on mine. Thanks, Leda! :)
This past weekend, we went to Atlanta. David's birthday was in July, and mine is next week, so mom bought us tickets to see Les Miserables. It was our third time seeing it, and it doesn't get any less amazing... it was wonderful.
Cameron and I and the kids packed up and met David and Leda at mom's house. From there we drove down to Atlanta where we stayed with my wonderful aunt and uncle, Kimmy and Ken.

Jackson decided he needed to help Daddy pack up the car in the rain. I know that it appears as if my son never wears pants... but he does. He was wearing overalls, and they were just big enough that he could step out of them really easily.

The kids were all ready to go... Caroline wasn't really looking at Jackson, but it looks like it, and it sure is cute. Jackson loves her to pieces, and I know that one day when she knows who he is she will love him too!

He was pretending to be camera shy... I think we all know that isn't true!

Jackson rode down to Atlanta with mom, David and Leda. He loves his "Nanny", "Dabid" and "Deda!"

He also loved their "doddy", Kirby. Kirby wasn't so sure about him, but she was very patient, and Jackson spent as much time around her as she would let him.



Mom and Kimmy watched the kids Friday night giving Cameron and me the opportunity to go to the temple. It was such a wonderful experience and so nice to be there with my brother and his sweet wife. We went out for ice cream afterward... our first date since Miss Caroline was born.


Caroline was a big hit- of course. Everyone loved holding her, and she loved being loved on by everyone. David seemed to have a magic touch with her. She was always content with him.

We went to Les Mis on Saturday afternoon. My wonderful husband (who doesn't like musicals and didn't want to go) stayed home with Jackson and Caroline while the rest of us went to the show. It was fantastic!

While we were watching this:



Cameron was at Kimmy's house watching this:


Since part of the reason for our trip was mine and David's birthday, we had a little birthday celebration. Of course Jackson had to help us blow out our candles.


Jackson LOVED the cake!

We ran into alot of traffic on our way home, but all in all had a wonderful trip.

But seriously...

all this laundry for only a 2 1/2 day trip?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

looks like so much fun. I would love to see les mes!

Shannon said...

I'm so disgustingly jealous. I wish SO BADLY we lived in the South, or at least Indiana where it was only 8 hours for us to get to Atlanta! I'm glad Jackson liked my "doddy." I can tell those legs are my parents'. :)

Kim said...

I love to catch up with everyone's blogs and be reminded about what fun we all have. It was a terrific weekend. Besides Les Miz and loving on Caroline(and seeing David, Leda, Cameron and mom) I loved it when Jackson crawled in bed with me Sunday morning to "chat". He and his pillow and blanket and cars...

Lotsa Love, Auntie Kimmy