Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One Morning in Maine

Jackson's favorite book right now is "One Morning in Maine" by Robert McCloskey...




Sal (the same Sal from "Blueberries for Sal") wakes up one morning in Maine and is excited to be going to Buck's Harbor with her father. She discovers she has a loose tooth and goes through her day. She helps her father dig for clams, loses her tooth in the muddy gravel, goes to Buck's Harbor and goes home for clam chowder.






Because of reading this story so often, Jackson will often tell me things about himself that he clearly got from this book...
He will tell me he has a loose tooth or that we are going to have clam chowder for lunch.
Today he pretended to take a nap and when he "woke up" he acted really excited and said, "Today I get to go to Buck's Harbor with my father!" Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was cute!






I had to put these two pictures up, atleast for my family. I was doing a search for pictures of the book and they had this picture of the real Buck's Harbor. I thought it was so cool!

This book is a definite read... I highly recommend it!

No comments: