Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just Jackson - July

I don't have many posts for this last month. I wasn't good about writing things down, but I did get a couple of cute ones...

- We were driving around in Maine one day, and Jackson wanted someone's drink. He was being really ugly and demanding and Cameron said, "Jackson, how are you supposed to ask for something?", to which he replied, "Nanny!"

- One day Jackson kept asking for food gum over and over. I couldn't figure out what in the world he was talking anout. He started asking for it again when we were eating some fruit chews. Is he smart or what? Food gum... chewy like gum, but you eat it so it's food.

- One of my favorite places in Maine is a little store in Camden called "The Smiling Cow." I was putting Jackson to bed the night before we went and told him that I needed him to go to bed like a good boy and that he could pick out something special at The Smiling Cow. All he could talk about that night and the next morning was "the happy cow."

- I realized one day that Jackson was counting his cars and trains, but not in English... in Spanish. I think that maybe he's watching Dora and Diego a little too much.

- I got my hair cut while we were in Maine (thanks, Nikole... I LOVE it) and when I was done, Jackson said, "mom, you look AWESOME!"

- Jackson is into calling us by our first names. We were looking at pictures and every time he saw me or Cameron it was Courtney or Cameron, not Mama or Daddy. He is usually awake by the time I get home from my jog in the morning, He'll come out and say, "Courtney, it's so great to see you!"


Hilarious!

No comments: