Sunday, May 11, 2008

Finally... Cooking Coconut Cake wih Courtney

You like that alliteration, don't you?

So here it is... sorry for the wait, but trust me, its worth it!

Start by preparing a yellow cake according to package directions. I know there are those of you out there that make scratch cakes... I do too, but this recipe is better with a cake mix from a box.
Bake the cake in two round cake pans, also according to package directions.

While your cake is baking, mix together a 15 oz. can of cream of coconut (not coconut milk) and a can of sweetened condensed milk.

When your cakes come out of the oven, and still very hot, slice each cake into two layers and pour over you coconut mixture. Since your cake is still hot, it will soak up the liquid. Now let your cakes cool. I cool mine on cookie sheets in the fridge covered in saran -wrap. The loger you can let it sit, the yummier it will be... I usually try to let mine sit for two days or so. If you don't have that much time, once its its cool, you can ice it, and it is still good!

The frosting is just whipped topping and coconut... makes for a light and delicious cake. I serve it right out of the fridge. Its much better when it cold.
ENJOY!!!!
Let me k ow if you try it, and how you like it!


2 comments:

Wendi said...

Just what I have been waiting for!
Cake mix...really? I would never have guessed! I will let you know when I make it! Thanks for FINALLY sharing!

Kim said...

Omigosh! It sounds divine. Problem is, Ken doesn't like coconut so if I made it I'd have to eat the whole thing. Then again...:o)