Friday, May 23, 2008

Bluberries for Sal...

And strawberries for Jackson...

Having Grandparents that live in Maine, I grew up loving the book, "Bluberries for Sal". Actually, it is still one of my favorite books.

If you've never read it, please read it, and read it to your children... I promise you/they will like it.

It is about a little girl who goes bluberry picking with her mother on Bluberry Hill with her small tin pail. Kuplink! Kuplank! Kuplunk! as they go in to her pail... but there is much more eating than there is any Kuplink-ing or Kuplank-ing...



Such was the case when Jackson and I went strawberry picking last week. Jackson did such a good job picking the berries...





... Until he discovered he could eat them. Then, many more went into his mouth (leafy green part and all) then ever made it into our little bucket.





We had a great time, and ate berries for days. The day we went picking, I couldn't gat Jackson to eat anything but strawberries for lunch, snack, and dinner. It was such a fun day, and I wait to do it again... maybe this week! :)

5 comments:

Sawyers Family said...

We want to go with you when you go!!

Brittany said...

You beat me to it. I am so lazy about posting and I have strawberry ictures from weeks ago. We need to get together cause Rylan keeps calling ALL his friends Jackson. Maybe he is missing him?

Wendi said...

I have not read the book.
I will have to check it out.
Thanks for sharing.
Love the photos of Jackson...what a cutie!

Shannon said...

How fun. I'm definitely going berry picking this summer- Oregon is overgrown with berries. I love "Blueberries for Sal," too!!!

Heather Downer said...

andy has this shirt!!!! :)