Monday, July 28, 2008

May

As you all know, my middle name is May, and Caroline's will be also. "May" is after my great-grandmother, May Bartlett Rogerson, whom I never knew. She died when my grandfather, "Barn" was only two years old. I don't know much about her, but I know she was a nurse and that she died of TB. I have always been very proud to have her name. My aunt, Kim, also has the May for her middle name, which means Barn's first daughter, first granddaughter, and first great-granddaughter all have the middle name May.

At my baby shower, my mom gave me three beautiful pictures of May, and I put them on Caroline's wall, and I just wanted to show them off. The picture I took is not very good, so maybe I will scan the pictures so they can really be seen. They are so special to me, and I'm so happy that Caroline will grow up seeing them, and knowing how special her name is.




1 comment:

Shannon said...

That was sweet- it almost made me cry, but blame that on the hormones. :) If, heaven forbid, Caroline turns out to be a boy, and I have a girl, I'll throw "May" in there. I never thought about how her 1st granddaughter, then 1st great-granddaughter, and now 1st great-great-granddaughter have the name. I always thought it was kinda random how you got it, but now it makes sense. I'm really slow, apparently. :)