Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Day

Wow... I can't believe it has taken me so long to blog about Christmas Day!

Anyway... here goes

Christmas was so much fun this year. I think the kids were at really good ages for all the fun that Christmas brings along with it, and I think I will always have fond memories of this Christmas...

We woke up Christmas morning, and guess who had come to our house?


Santa Claus... and the kids were ready. They couldn't open their presents fast enough.

This is a felt Mr. Potato Head that I actually made (I even used a sewing machine...shocking, I know) for the kids to play with at church. I was proud of myself!



After we opened presents, we got ready and headed over to David and Leda's house. Now, I know this may come as a shock to everyone, but I tend to let let things really stress me out and worry alot about things I have no control over.

With that said, let me explain to you the kind of day Christmas was... it was cold and pouring down rain. Just getting everyone in the car and to their house was a miracle. Unfortunately, I did not plan well for the surroundings we were going to be in... a very beautiful and very un-childproof house... I did not bring toys, or a pack-and-play for Caroline to sleep in. There was a real Christmas tree for them to play with, and steep wooden stairs for them to climb up, which Jackson did fall down. Despite all that, we had a great day... and a perfect meal... warm potato soup and rolls on a cold, wet day.


I think our days of posed pictures might be over for a while


They were fascinated by all the things on the tree





We also exchanged gifts with each other...

David was funny and got mom and me some Twilight sweet heart candy. Mom got Edward and I got Jacob, because mom is as white as a vampire and apparently I'm as tan as an Indian warewolf. Let me just say that I only look this tan next to my white mother. She often says that we don't even look like we're related.

They got Cameron coal, ha!


I love this picture... Woos loving on her Uncle Dabid!
We hope you all had as merry a Christmas as we did!!!

No comments: