Sunday, April 12, 2009

More from Georgia

In looking at previous blog posts, Shannon and I realized that Caroline and Maya have a matching dress, so on the day we left Georgia we decided to have a photo shoot. Jackson wouldn't look at the camera, but was otherwise cooperative. We thought it would be nice to get some pictures for our grandparents, Barn and Marma, of their three great-grandchildren.


I told you that Caroline couldn't get enough of Miss Maya.

This one was my favorite of the two girls.

Now, on a different note all together... I think that any good mom has atleast one time when she is scared that she might have killed her baby. Just kidding, but seriously... on Saturday night, while in Georgia, I overdosed Caroline on Benedryl. The pollen in Georgia was AWFUL, and they have two cats, which my kids have never been around, and their allergies were really bad, and they were miserable. Carolione especially couldn't breathe and hadn't slept well the night before. To try to clear her up, and to help her sleep, because lets admit that we've all tried to drug our kids before to help them sleep :), I gave her some benedryl. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, but instead of giving her the 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon dose she is supposed to have, I gave her 1 1/2 teaspoons, the typical dose for a 12 year old. Yeah, I know, great mom.

When I realized what I had done, I satrted freaking out, because I was worried about it just knocking her out. My aunt Kimmy called her friend who is an ER nurse and she said it was serious enough that poison control would have had us bring her in, but we needed to get her out of bed and keep her up for the half-life of the medicine (it lasts for 4 hours, so we had to keep her up for 2). We gave her lots of water, and did whatever we could to keep her awake. She was so good and so sweet.

At one point, my mom had a little cone of ice cream, and Caroline wanted in. I always get a cone of yogurt when we go to Chick-fil-A, so she must see them enought that she knows what to do. She started grunting and begging. It fit right in her hand, so we gave it to her and let her have a few bites...


Gotta love that face!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Love the smocked dresses!
Doesn't every good mom overdose her kids on benadryl?
No. worries.