Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Cake

I have continued to really enjoy my cake class. I just graduated from course 2, and our final cake was a flower basket. I decided to do a chocolate buttercream basket with royal icing pansies. I thought it turned out very pretty.
I just started to working with fondant and gumpaste, and I made my first fondant cake for class on Monday.
We learned to cover the cake with fondant and how to make the bow out of gumpaste. What do you think? I LOVE working with fondant, and my teacher's recipe is delicious!

8 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Courtney, those are amazing!! Seriously, you are so, so talented. How can you eat those? They are WAY too pretty!

Marti Family said...

So pretty!!! I wish I had the patience to do that!!! So impressive!

Heather Downer said...

you are doing great at these cakes!!! you'll be doing weddings in no time!!! haha :)

Shannon said...

Amazing! I'm VERY impressed!

Brittany said...

Great job! So when are you making one for me?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Courtney, how beautiful ! Your great grandma would be incredibly proud of your work...or should I say "second love" ! You will enjoy this form of creativity for the rest of your life...as will a lot of other people. Congratulations!

Papa

Brooke said...

wow courtney those cakes are beautiful! I need to get the fondant recipe!

Unknown said...

I should've had you make our wedding cake! You are incredibly talented! You should start a business! The pansies are so intricate! They look real!