Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just Jackson - April

I often feel that Jackson is neglected a little bit on my blog because he rarely lets me take any pictures of him. I've decided to devote one blog per month to just the cute things that Jackson says and does... Just Jackson. My friend, Jennie does this, and I love it.



As you all know, Jackson LOVES thomas the Tank Engine, so alot of what he says has to do with Thomas.

Jackson has started associating everything with the characters from Thomas. Every airplane we see is now Jeremy (the Jetplane), every bus we see is Bertie (the Bus), every passenger train is Boco, every tractor is either Trevor or Terrence, and so on.

It was raining the other day and I was using a green umbrella. I guess it was casting a green light on me, and Jackson said, "mama, you're green like Percy" (a train from Thomas).

Jackson was running through the house and I asked him to be a little more quiet because Caroline was taking a nap. He said, "leave me alone, Jackson is very cross." (the trains are often cross on Thomas)

Jackson was unhappy with me over something (thats most of the time these days) and he said, "You're making crazy mama, you've been like this all week." I wonder where he heard that?! :)

My dad and stepmom have two great danes, and when Jackson first met them he was convinced they were cows. Now he knows they are dogs and only thinks big dogs are dogs. We were taking a walk and came across two small, but grown, adult dogs. Jackson told me they were puppies and would not be convinced otherwise. Later when we saw a big dog, like those he is used to, he said, "Mama, that is a dog. Those ones are puppies." Atleast he likes big dogs and not little fake dogs. :)

Just about every day Jackson asks to go to Chick-a-yay for chicken nuggets, french fries and dippers.

Jackson has a little bit of a problem sharing his toys with Caroline. Mostly because he thinks that she should only play with her baby dolls. Every time she is playing with somethiing of his, he takes it from her ad brings her one of her dolls and says that she needs to play with her baby dolls.

Something on TV was talking about favorite friends, so I asked Jaskon who his favorite friends were. Without hesitation, he said, "Daddy, mommy, Nanay."

Jackson told me he needed to go pick the carrots from our front yard. I said we didn't have carrots, but he would not accept that so I old him to take me and show me where the carrots were. He showed me the small hostas growing in the yard (which do look like the leaves of carrots now that I think about it).

We have always joked in my family that my cousin Shannon was born to the wrong mother because she looks just like my mom especially as children and young adults. Jackson was looking through our wedding album the other day and came accross a picture of me and my bridesmaids (one of which is Shannon) and he said, Mama, Amy, Caitlin (he loves the two of them), and Nanay. I'm not even kidding. He thought Shannon was my mom.

This video is Jackson singing part of his favorite song from Thomas. Its a little hard to understand, but the words are:

Thomas, he's the cheeky one
James is vain but lots of fun
Percy pulls the mail on time
Gordon thunders down the line
Emily really knows her stuff
Henry toots and huffs and puffs
Edward wants to help and share
Toby, well let's say he's square

3 comments:

Brittany said...

He is so cute and He did a wonderful job playing with Rylan on Saturday. From experience it my be that love/hate relationship between brothers and sisters. we love Jackson!!

Shannon said...

That is so funny he thought I was Nanay! I remember the picture at Barn and Gramma's house of our moms and Kerry as kids and I'd always say "Mommy, Kerry, and me!" I don't see it at all now, but little kid pictures we looked just alike! It's so weird since I look so much like my dad, too.

stephanie howard said...

So funny, I love how he wiggles through the entire song.