Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cake

So, one of the things I struggle with the most is feeling like I am not the best mom. I read blogs and see all these fun, educational, crafty, creative things that stay-at -home moms so with their kids and feel like I am no where near measuring up to that. It's weird, because I do consider myself creative and fun, but I struggle with patience when it comes to my kids and it is hard for me to plan something and it not go exactly as planned. I'm really bad at that.

I made a cake last weekend, and had a small cake left, and had the fabulous idea that I would let the kids decorate. It is something I love to do, obviously, and Jackson and Caroline are always so interested in it...

We had a blast. We goofed off and made a horrible mess, buy we all workd together and got to eat cake when it was all done.


Jackson wanted blue frosting...


Is that a beautiful blue, or what?!




I promise that my kids do wear clothes occasionally. (In fact, just this week we have been working on staying dressed while we are at home. They usually pick pajamas or a swim-suit, but it is progress.)


This girl gives the BEST little kisses!


We even lit candles and blew them out



Caroline and Jackson

4 comments:

Brooke said...

how much fun. looks like a blast.

Sawyers Family said...

Those kids will remember that for a long time!!
Way to go Mom!

Anonymous said...

Smart boy, that Jackson. He knows "Carolina Blue" is the best color for his cake !

Papa

Marti Family said...

Funny thing I feel like I am a crappy mom all the time and look at your blog feeling like your an awesome mom who does all these things and still manages to be fit and look amazing with full hair and makeup! Funny thing life is!